Training is one of the effective means for knowledge and skills development of a person. It involves planned interventions to enhance knowledge, and develop skills and positive attitude to help them change in behavior. In an organization, training programs generally aim at developing job related skills and knowledge, and attitude of an employee for the purpose of improving individual and organizational performance.
In this connection, the role of a person as a trainer would be even more crucial to create learning environment and make participants learn effectively to achieve objectives of a particular training. The trainer should have clear orientation of adult learning principles, conceptual dimensions of training and development, and be capable enough in designing and delivering training programs successfully. Training of Trainers’ (ToT) programs offered at NASC would provide opportunities for a trainer or potential trainer, training coordinators and training professionals to develop their core competencies in training design, delivery and training management. This training has been designed especially for the official of public institutions.
This program mainly aims at developing competency of participants in designing and conducting training program effectively.
Upon completion of this training program, participants will be able to:
- explain the systematic approach to training;
- explain adult learning principles;
- assess training needs systematically;
- set training objectives;
- design and implement training course;
- select appropriate training methods and audio-visuals aids for effective learning;
- prepare session/lession plan;
- demonstrate effective presentation and facilitation skills;
- describe training evaluation process and criteria; and
- write training report.
The following training components will be covered in this program:
- Systematic approach to training
- Adult learning principles
- Training need assessment
- Setting training objective
- Course design
- Training methods
- Course design
- Use of audio visual aids in training
- Session plan
- Presentation skills
- Facilitation skills
- Training management
- Training evaluation
- Training report writing
Eligibility(Qualification): Faculties of KUSOM
Number of Participants: 20