The use of information and communication technology (ICT) systems have been transforming our life style and work life. New markets and new business models have emerged to support the entry, storage, processing, analysis and presentation of information, and these are continuing to evolve and advance at a rapid pace. Global stock markets are now driven by trade in technology-based companies as much as commodity and traditional industries, and ICT is continually being looked at in new ways as a means for improving socio-economic conditions of people, and as a tool for achieving the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs). Information is being collected in public organizations through different channels and the use of technology in collection and processing is very high.
The implementation of ICT in public organization is increasing be it in the form of computerization or information system implementation. The knowledge on ICT needs to be enhanced with training and education. This will make easy for the implementation of such ICT based system in public organizations. Thus it is necessary to develop trainers who can advocate and train on ICT related issues to the human resources of public organizations who will be key persons in implementing the concept of ICT in their organizational business process.
The training program has been divided into two modules.
Module 1: Process of Training Design and delivery
Module 2: Information and Communication Technology
Aim and Objectives
The training aims at developing participants’ knowledge and skill as ICT trainer. On completion of this training program, the participants will be able to:
• explain the systematic approach to training
• design and implement training course on ICT related issues
• describe and use various training methodologies ( Interactive Lecture, Buzz group Discussion, Syndicate, Role Play, Demonstration and Case Study )
• develop and use training lesson plan
• develop facilitation skills
• use computer applications for office works;
• describe current and emerging technologies and their impact on government process;
• relate ICT and Governance, its issues and challenges in implementing e-Government;
• describe the implementation of ICT in management and development;
• define information management its security, privacy and related concepts;
• describe the concept of internet governance;
• properly use Social Media for personal and official purpose
• perform practicum session on ICT issues
Mr. Suwarn Kumart Singh
Director of Studies
Center for Knowledge Management and IT
Tuesday, July 14, 2015 - 10:00 to Monday, August 3, 2015 - 16:00